.

.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

happy birthday, america...

i think that the 4th of july is my favorite holiday...after christmas, that is..i mean, this holiday is all about relaxing, swimming, and celebrating freedom and a country that is unique above all other countries on earth..anyway, this 4th of july was a great one...i didn't have to work (always a plus), and it was one of the last times my whole family will be together (except for dave) for a long time, what with bob and sav moving to south carolina in less than a month..so the morning of the 3rd (the official celebratory day, seeing as the 4th was sunday) we headed up millcreek canyon for the annual rees family 4th of july picnic..normally i dislike extended family functions because the only two questions i hear directed my way were, "so where are you going to school" and/or "so when are you getting married?". fortunately, this year that was avoided, and i was actually re-introduced to my extended family (a much needed activity for me, who seems to have forgotten everybody--no offense intended). plus, there was great food, provided by the amazing cooks in my dad's fam..the whole fam, excluding dave (in new mexico for an internship) and mi madre..
both my adorable niece AND nephew..can't get any cuter than that, eh? (i'm just going to go ahead and assume that you agree with me, seeing as disagreement would signal insanity..) that night we had a barbeque, followed by fireworks in kaysville...complete with gorgeous sunset...
after that great day, the ACTUAL 4th of july had a little less mellow, though no less spectacular fireworks at the simmons' residence..teenagers+pyrotechnical displays=massive amusement...
however, ms. rees and ms. simmons are no less amusing with a camera...
see? told you..so to top off my weekend of no work and ALL play, my good friend kalen and i headed up to willard bay to work on our tans and go out on his uncle's wave runners...needless to say, i loved it...one of the funnest i-didn't-know-this-was-a-date-until-i-got-there dates of my life..it was great, and i became a pro at whipping kalen off said wave runner..unfortunately, today i cannot move my entire upper body..hopefully there are more 4th of july's equal or surpassing this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment